Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Invictus: truly an inspirational movie, With a message to Africa

image

I don't know about you guys

but if you haven't watched the movie I highly recommend you to do so, I just watched the movie invictus and while watching it for a while I thought if only we had more of him, if only we had more of him in Africa. Once a while ago I was talking to a friend of mine and he was pointing out that Africa as a whole doesn't have great leaders, he was insisting that we need an inspirational leader in Africa for the youth of Africa to following in his path. I always thought that he was wrong,that Africa does have great leaders. Nelson mandela, is truly an inspirational leader that has moved his country from being divided due to apartheids to being united under one rugby Stadium.

I do not know if I'm right or wrong but I definitely believe that I'm closer to being right then being wrong, what happened in South Africa is similar to what Sudan is witnessing today. The difference between South Africa's case and Sudan case is that Sudan and the Sudanese people have to decide on independence in 2011. In South Africa's case they didn't even get to the point of deciding to have a two state solution. I am pro-unionist who believe that Sudan should be one state where freedom of religion is respected and honored and opportunities are giving equally to everyone no matter their race, sex or color. So to all the Sudanese people out there that’s the remember how we would all use to study at the same school and we all used to play in the same play ground and eat from the same restaurant and go out partying together, tell me what happened. today Sudan is not the Sudan that we grow up in. It's not about South or North it's about us.

Let's not let what happened in the past 20 years and affect that some ignorant leaders of our country have made in the society and the fabric of the society itself erase the memory of us of we of a one sudan, let's not forget who we are, a society that does not judge a person by its color or race or religion.

let's try to understand and respect the gift that God has given us in having us to be from a country which has a different diverse group. Remember, remember we are all one.

Famous quotes

Nelson Mandela: Brothers and sisters, this is the time to build our nation!

Francois Pienaar: I was thinking how a man could spend thirty years in prison, and come out and forgive the men who did it to him...

Jason Tshabalala: According to the experts, we'll reach the quarter-finals, and no further.
Nelson Mandela: According to the experts, you and I should still be dead.

Brenda Mazibuko: This rugby, as a political calculation...
Nelson Mandela: It is a HUMAN calculation!

Nelson Mandela: I thank whatever gods may be /

For my unconquerable soul. /

I am the master of my fate /

I am the captain of my soul.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home